We have a few extra things we need to take into consideration this season. This page will detail the latest COVID-19 safety information and rules here on this page.
Wellbeing of Club Members and Visitors
Do not attend swim club meet if:
- You have any cold/flu-like symptoms **
- You or a member of your household are awaiting the result of a covid-19 test **
- You have been in Victoria in the last 14 days (subject to NSW border restrictions)**
- You have attended any of the reported case locations as reported on the NSW Health website **
- You are defined as a ‘vulnerable person’ or simply feel uncomfortable to attend due to the pandemic
- You return a positive test then you must inform the club.
** These questions will be asked at registration sign in for swim races.
- Registration for season will be done via Try-booking event booking system or if unable to do this then members are to contact club via email and pay via direct debit and member details inputted into club system by secretary. NO PAPER application memberships will be accepted.
- Registration for swim races: swimmers are to enter clubhouse 1 at a time or via 1 family representative via WESTERN ENTRY door stand on marked area (chalk or temporary tiles to be utilised for this) to communicate races they want to enter. Then EXIT via EASTERN door. COVID Marshal to oversee this procedure.
Due to the fact that the pool and pool surrounds are considered separate areas we will have to manage the swim races as follows:
- Using every 2nd lane for swimming races
- Timekeepers to adhere to marked areas on pool deck (western end)
- Timekeepers, Race swimmers & Chief timekeeper ONLY to be on western end of pool deck at any one time.
- Judge, Starter &, Marshaller ONLY on the boardwalk permanently, with the exception of timekeepers for shorter distances &, swimmers moving to starter position.
- Marshalling area to be cordoned off with ropes and red cones plus use of club shade structure preferably on the sand area western end of pool subject to tidal restrictions
- COVID Marshal to oversee compliance to the above however it is also the responsibility of families and individuals to adhere to NSW health guides.
- Access to lane rope storage area to be accessed by 1 person or 1 family group. Sanitiser to be provided for use before and after handling this equipment.
- Clubhouse is not to be used or gathered in except for registration of swim races 1 person at a time
Hygiene and Cleaning
Signage/notices will be displayed at clubhouse and pool area with relevant safety measures that need to be adhered to.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be provided at each clubhouse doorway
- Hand sanitiser provided on pool deck.
- Gloves and masks provided to those that require them with appropriate disposal mechanism to ensure that used items do not end up in the water.
- Disinfectant solutions will be maintained at an appropriate strength and used with gloves to wipe over marshalling megaphone, pens, stopwatches, time sheet folders, computer, printer before & after every swim meet.
- Starter to provide their own whistle (club will provide new spare whistles)
- No sharing of stopwatches, except amongst same family. Once you have been allocated a stopwatch you retain that one for the meet.
It is a requirement by the council that a record is kept (for at least 28 days) of all participants attending our swim club meets, therefore NLASC will :-
- Keep a list of entrant swimmers via our computer registration system
- A spreadsheet will be utilised and officials/un-registered or non-swimmers will sign for each dated swim meet. The COVID marshal will coordinate this.
- Designate a club official to be the COVID MARSHAL who will liaise with NSW Health/ Northern Beaches Council if contacted in relation to a COVID-19 case at our club or if a member informs the club of their positive case then notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.